- 977 9851076943 (Viber/Whatsapp)firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommended by Trip Advisor
Jomsom Muktinath Trek
|Activities:||Walking and sightseeing|
|Accommodation:||Hotel, lodge and camping|
|Transport:||Bus, Jeep, Plane/Helicopter|
All Inclusive Price:
Jomsom Muktinath Trek takes you to the famous temple of Lord Muktinath that lies in the Mustang district of Nepal. It is situated about 18 km northeast of Jomsom in the north-central part of Nepal, at an altitude of about 3800 meters from the sea level. Mustang is situated in the Trans Himalayan region of Nepal which was only opened to the trekkers in 1991. The department of immigration issued only a small number of special permits, to protect the local Tibetan traditions from outside connections as well as protect the environment. Mustang offers the visitor a unique ecology and geology and also the caves, forts, monasteries, and temples, which date to past utopias, carry echoes of the regions rich history and the friendly people are a testament. It’s natural and cultural richness have made it one of the most popular tourist and trekking destination of Nepal.
Muktinath is a significant pilgrimage site for both Hindu & Buddhist and the holy shrine is in a grove of trees and comprises a Buddhist Gompa and the pagoda style temple: Vishnu Temple, which contains an image of Lord Vishnu. The Hindus call it Muktichhetra (Place of salvation) which is one of the four religious sites. Many Shaligrams (Ammonite) found here are regarded by Hindu as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu and worship them. According to Hindu Myth lord Vishnu turned into Shaligram because of Brinda’s Curse. There are 108 water springs which hold a prominent significance among the pilgrims.
Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a great way to explore the majestic beauty and spectacular cultures of this region. On the other hand, Muktinath is famous for the panoramic view of Himalaya such as fishtail, Dhaulagiri and Annapurna I-IV. You can enjoy a different kind of culture of Gurung, Magar, and Thakali. Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a short and easy trek in which you not only visit holy temple Muktinath and important religious sites Kagbeni but also because you get to taste the exquisite Thakali meals and local apple products and wine.
There are many ways to reach Muktinath. The trek begins with a long dramatic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. You can either take a flight from Pokhara to Jomsom or hike for 7-8 hours from Jomsom or trek from Pokhara through Kali-Gandaki valley, which takes 7/8 days.
Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Early in the morning drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom. Arrival in Jomsom and drive to Muktinath by jeep (21 km / 02 hrs. drive). Puja & Darshan of Muktinath and drive back to Jomsom and transfer to the hotel.
Fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom and transfer to the hotel.
Pokhara city sightseeing tour of Davis fall, Shiva Cave, Tibetan refugee camp. Evening leisure at the shore of Phewa Lake. O/N at the hotel in Pokhara.
Fly back to Kathmandu from Pokhara and transfer to the hotel.
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing (Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, Durbar Square)
Departure from Kathmandu. Transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport for your onward journey.
|Date||Price||Avaiable Seat||Altitude||Book Now|
- Pick up from the airport in your arrival and drop to the airport in departure by private car/ bus
- Hotel room management
- Accommodation in hotel/lodge as per contract
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicles
- Management of meals according to contract (Breakfast, Lunches, and Dinners)
- License holder local guide based your language
- Available of local staff, porters
- Accommodation, food, insurance, salary, and equipped staff throughout your trekking
- Tickets of bus and flights related to your trekking package
- Government charges on the behalf of office site
- Official expenses
- Except for the lunch and dinner explained in the itinerary
- Your travel insurance
- International tickets and airport tax
- Visa fees
- Laundry, cold and hot drinks, and alcoholic drinks
- Trekking and other equipment related to yourself
- Other sightseeing and mountain entrances fees not included in cost include a section
- Tips for guides/porters/other persons
- Expect the things which are not mentioned in cost include parts